Wednesday 28 October 2009

inner visions

I was talking to somebody yesterday who looks after phone lines for tarot, psychic and astrology readers. He was saying that now most people are searching for a psychic reading which includes tarot, rather than astrology. I think astrology, for a long time, has been haunted by those rational scientific types who demand proof and explanations of how it works, and astrology, wanting to be accepted by the so called main stream has struggled to fit itself into the scientific paradigm. It's a bit like putting a quart into a pint pot.

Today I listened to an interview about Carl Jung, the so called father of modern psychology and this man explored his inner world of dreams, fantasies, symbolism and his soul. Sadly in out rational society many of us have lost contact with that essential side of our selves. Here there is a richness and abundance of wisdom and intuition that can be tapped and explored. I think astrology and Tarot do this, and of course the psyche is what this is about.

I am exploring these other methods of delving under the surface, or should I say returning to this, since this has been part of my life since I can remember and I have had countless extraordinary experiences that simply cannot be explained. Perhaps now is the time share them x

1 comment: