Saturday 18 July 2009

saturday mornings



I love Saturdays and there's nothing better than mooching around the market getting bits and bobs, and also collecting new wool. Went to my favourite haunt today and they have stacks of mohair but I'm not into that at the moment. Still, picked up some nice oddments and I am making a blanket for the new baby.

Also I promised myself that I would make some muffins. I haven't done this before so I searched on the internet and found a great recipe for blueberry muffins and they turned out great! I stuck half of them in the freezer for later.


And then I had a mooch around Borders, which is where half the North West went to as well. It's great to see so many little sprogs with their Dads looking at books, and causing mayhem. The handicraft section is now squashed in with the diets and healthy living bit which is handy for me. The astrology bit now fights for space with grimoires and Gothic fantasies. Makes sense, I guess, although I am more of a healthy living type than a dark mythic person, though this has its place too. Doesn't quite feel the same when you get stuck into this stuff and little pink clothed children are running around yelling at the tops of their voices. I wonder if there are spells for turning kids into muffins.

I wanted to get the new Country Living mag and I had seen it Saisnbury's but didn't bother to get it, and now I can't find it. The American one is just not the same!

1 comment:

  1. Do you freeze muffins? Do they taste good after that? I also wonder how a kid-muffin would taste :)

    ReplyDelete